Saturday, March 15, 2008

Things we do

Does anyone else ever do this? I try to stay up as late as possible and do as much as possible on my last day of vacation. I did this on my birthday too. Sigh, Robin starts her spring break today, mine ends on Sunday. I feel like I have to pack as much in as I can get. Oh well.

I will have more pics soon, I hope. My parents bought me some lovely thread from Pacesetter (now made by Robison Anton). It's 61 spools of color. They had me purchase it so I got what I wanted. I purchased it here at I Can Help Sew. I arranged my thread in a much more pleasing manner, at least to me. I finally have color on my very white walls in my office/craft room. Okay, my craft room is the room above the right-side of our house (see picture in this post). I have dormer windows in that room, you'll see them soon, and slanted ceilings. I love my room. It's so artsy shaped. Anyways, here's the corner where my white bookcase is with my thread. Sorry about the shadows, but I took the photo late at night.
corner of my craft room
The colors are so inspiring. Maybe I'll even do some sewing or something this weekend. Or, maybe I'll just work on lectures and try to get ahead for the week. Sigh, yeah, that's probably what will happen since I went in to work today and out in the field yesterday. Plants aren't blooming, so I'm good for another week or so.

On my birthday, my husband took me to buy a pegboard to hang my sewing supplies on. I bought a white one and tried painting it with acrylic paint. That was a hopeless cause, even with the sanding I did on the white finish. So my husband took me out after my birthday dinner, and I bought spray paint. Today, I finally primed it, then sprayed on the blue, wildflower blue, I think. Very appropriate. Love the color too. So, hopefully this weekend my husband will help me put it up on the wall. I can't wait. More color on my walls. And I get to hang my plastic rulers that I keep worrying will get broken in all the hustle and bustle over here. Oooh, and I have jars to put on there too. Very fun and cool. Yes, I am very weird.

Alright, happy fibering, whoever reads this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home