Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pegboard Revisited

I promised pics of the craft room, but the only one I have taken is of the sewing wall, with pegboard and thread up. So, below is almost the whole sewing wall with the pegboard up. In the left corner is my SewEzi with my serger on it, barely visible. On the right, is my craft bookcase and you can see the door to a closet. My sewing table is just a foldable table that is height adjustable. Thank goodness, because I am short and other tables are often too high. I'd like to get a table like my computer is on, but Ikea isn't down here yet. So, I'll wait. Besides, my table has worked for me so far. Now that the serger is on the SewEzi, I have room for a cutting board on the left side of my table which comes in really handy.
Sewing Wall

I had to rehang the curtains after our new kitten Ebony took them done. The rod was nailed into the window frame. Now, it's screwed into 30 lb drywall holders, so I doubt she'll be able to take it down again.

Below is a closeup of my slightly empty pegboard. I love the hammer holders, they make really great scissor holders! As I mentioned, I tried to use a paintbrush to paint the pegboard with disastrous results, so don't try that. I sanded my pegboard, but I think you can get away with only priming the pegboard. I used regular spray paint in thin layers and it worked like a champ.
Pegboard Closeup
Alright, that's it from me. I am finishing up the semester, which means writing finals, and grading papers. I have done some spinning, but not much else around here. I'm working on a sewing project, but I'll have to post about that in about a month or so.

I'm hoping to paint the house soon. The hallway downstairs needs the wallpaper removed very badly (peeling), and I already know what color it will be, so that's probably the first area to be painted. Should be interesting.

Happy fibering!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think maybe we were separated at birth! Given what (little) you've learned about me so far, that's probably hard to believe, but your sewing room used to live in my house, complete with pegboard organizer and threads organized by color. Seriously. Now you need to add a gridded, felt-covered foam core design board. (Yes, it is a sickness, right?!)

Miss Me (Marie)

6/20/2008 9:06 AM  
Blogger Annette said...

Now there's an idea. I was just hoping to have a felt backed table cloth or something hung on one wall for a quilt board, but a foam core design board one would work too.

Hmmm.

6/20/2008 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home